Sunday, October 3, 2010

Poetic Sunday to my Beloved - To My God and to My Wife

Some time ago, I purchased a wonderful book of prayers called The Valley of Vision, and the prayers are written by Puritans from some years ago. I was sharing them on some of my FaceBook posts a few months ago and found what I believe to be fitting to my lovely wife and honoring her and our Heavenly Father this day.  I pray that this day finds you blessed, and remember Amy in your hearts. She planted many seeds of faith in all of us, and the seeds belong to God, but I cannot help but picture her watering the seeds with her tears of joy for her God, her family, and her friends.

Grace & peace...

Christ Alone

O God,
Thy main plan, and the end of thy will
is to make Christ glorious and beloved in heaven
Where He is now ascended
Where one day all the elect will behold His glory
and love and glorify Him forever

Though here I love Him but little
may this be my portion at last
In this world thou hast given me a beginning
one day it will be perfected in the realm above

Thou hast helped me to see and know Christ
though obscurely
to take Him, receive Him
to possess Him, love Him
to bless Him in my heart, mouth, life

Let me study and stand for discipline
and all the ways of worship
out of love for Christ
and to show my thankfulness
to seek and know His will from love
to hold it in love
and daily to care for and keep this state of heart

Thou hast led me to place all my nature
and happiness
in oneness with Christ
in having heart and mind centered only on Him
in being like Him in communicating good to others

This is my heaven on earth
but I need the force, energy, impulses of thy Spirit
to carry me on the way to my Jerusalem

Here, it is my duty
to be as Christ in this world
to do what He would do
to live as He would live
to walk in love and meekness
then would He be known
then I would have peace in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment