Monday, October 4, 2010

If You Only Knew - My first love poem to Amy when we first started dating


The picture above was one of our first pictures together, and I took it myself (not a bad job, eh.) It is in Cannonsburgh Village, a place that was part of yesteryear's history, and of course Amy loves history. They have a little school house down there, and some other buildings from that era. This is also one of the last dates that I had the privilege of going with both my lovely wife, and our children shortly before going through all the surgeries.

The poem that follows is one of the first love poems that I wrote for Amy when we first started dating. I do not know too many people who are REALLY sentimental, but the things that were important to Amy, she treated them VERY special, as they were her treasures this side of heaven. She truly cherished the time we had together and saved many of the special moments between us. It was a honor to be her husband and a father figure to our children. I miss you baby!!!

If You Only Knew

If you only knew what I dreamt in the past
I always searched for a love that would last
I knew the soul for it seared my heart
A love so strong it could never break apart

If you only knew how many tears I cried
Yearning for that soul to be by my side
Days would pass and love was lost
But I would be happy someday no matter the cost

Then out of the blue it was revealed to me
My true love that was meant to be
I was scared at first but now I see
An angel of love just for me

At first I denied it because it could not be true
But when my heart started burning it was then I knew
The dream became a reality, the vision quite clear
I now had someone to share love with and no more fear

Now as I think about you each and every day
I hear every word you have whispered to my heart
The word I love you we will never break apart
In my dreams that is what you promised from the start

I still dream, that I do
But not about someone to love me someday
Because that dream has come true
Now I dream of an eternity of happiness with you


No comments:

Post a Comment