Friday, October 1, 2010

I Never Saw a Moor - By Emily Dickinson - One of Amy Campbell's favorites

Many of you who knew Amy, knew she had an strong passion for life and for love for all people. Amy however was also a hopeless romantic. Not the type that wished one day that prince charming would wake her with a sweet kiss, live in a castle, happily ever after. No, Amy was classy, an aged classics kind of woman, who loved poetry as one of her many other hobbies in life.

The following poem, I Never Saw a Moor by Emily Dickinson was one of her favorites and is in her scrapbook. It is a beautiful piece just like Amy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I, and see, feel, and remember the example of passion that Amy shared with us all. God bless.


I never saw a moor,
I never saw the sea;
Yet know I how the heather looks,
And what a wave must be.

I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given.

No comments:

Post a Comment