Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life Is But a Weaver - by Corrie Ten Boom

Amy loved the era of the holocaust for a few different reasons. Probably the main reason is her love for History, but I would also add for her love for God. As tragic as the holocaust was, God was there, there were hero's, and God's Sovereignty is where it has always been, in His hands.

We all go through trials in life, some may not appears as bad as to others, and some so bad, they wonder, why me. Amy used to think that about her health, and ask why me? Then she would also see the horrifying pictures and movies about the holocaust and remember, there are those who have gone through far worse things than what she has. God did not have to provide her with what I would consider the best doctors in their field. I (we) have heard what some of her other IH friends go through on a daily basis, and that is their doctors telling them it is all in their heads (no pun intended) and do not believe IH exists. Amy could (and should have died) when first diagnosed as they found 12 calcified blood clots in her brain when she went through a stroke. She has been through grand mal seizures, and many other issues.

However, Amy would find the strength in her God, she would seek the shadows of His wings, and would find a peace that would surpass all understanding. That is how she was able to get through what she did, and help and bless those that she did. That is why she always wore her faith proudly on her sleeve, and shared it with everyone.

Amy also liked some of Corrie Ten Booms writings, and appreciated the ministry that God gave Corrie in helping to hide the Jews from persecution and death. So I felt that Amy would enjoy this poem today, and a part of it was also sent to me by a very dear friend. Thank you all for the encouragement and love each and every day, and allowing me (us) to keep her memories and sharing her life alive. God bless
Life is But a Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.

Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned

He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

1 comment:

  1. AAhhh...so there is more. Thank you posting it. I only had the first part. I love Corrie's story as well. It is wonderful to see God at work.

    ReplyDelete