Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In the beginning - The days we fell in love



As I look back to the beginning to escape the end, I continually go over each day I had with you in my mind. I remember saying the vows "For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part." You held up your end of the vows, and for that I am so grateful. There are not many marriages that make it these days, and we had our fair share of testing and refining fire on our blessed union. It was such an honor and privilege to be a part of your life as your husband, and I just wish I was not so foolish as to not have the heart that you had. You had a wonderful and beautiful heart, and I was scared to let you have all of mine.

Even though the reality of you not being her physically each day, my love continues to grow for you more and more each day. I know this is only temporary, and it is not good-bye, but see you soon. Not sure if they have bass players in heaven, but when you see Peter B. please tell him I am still not playing with my pinky finger :o)

Some of these poems were love poems that I had found when we first starting dating and made Amy gush with joy and happiness knowing that someone loved her the way she wanted to be. The freaky thing is they are dated in her emails that I found almost to the day from a few years back. I wish we all had more time with her, but we can if we all share our memories and stories we knew about her, and yours about from her eyes to me, and other growing up stories. Enjoy, and I miss you baby, more and more each day. LOTS of love - DOC - xoxoxoxoxo

Your Amazing

That day  I saw you standing there
i couldn't help but sit and stare
I didn't think we'd come this far
it was like you were sent from a shining star
iI didn't think love could feel so good
it feels safe and warm just like it should
the hurt and pain I thought would last
is thanks to you now all in the past
the way you hold me the way it feels
is just so strong and just so real
I know you love me and i love you too
and i hope were together all the way through
so i just wanted to say....
baby your amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment